Platelet Rich Plasma treatment or PRP uses plasma from your own blood to stimulate new cell growth and regeneration. Plasma has a high concentration of growth factors and active proteins that encourage the body to heal and promote local tissue growth, regeneration and repair. When injected into the skin, PRP promotes the regeneration of collagen and elastin which in turn will tighten the skin, even skin tone and help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. As the treatment uses the patient’s own blood the procedure is sometimes known as a vampire facial.
The treatment starts with a sample of blood, taken from the arm. The sample is then spun in a centrifuge to extract concentrated platelet-rich plasma (PRP). The Plasma can then be applied topically to the treatment area followed and the area is then microneedled. In some cases Dr Nisha may chose to deliver the plasma directly via injection into the treatment area.
• Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
• Reduce dark circles under eyes
• To stimulate hair regrowth
• The plasma comes from your own body, so there is almost no risk of allergic reaction or disease transmission
• Procedure is quick to administer – each session lasts between 30 minutes to an hour depending on the size of the area being treated
• Non-surgical procedure
• There is minimal downtime after the procedure